Monday Motorbikes - 2022 Warranty Policy
WHO IS THE WARRANTOR?
Monday Motorbike, Inc. - 2399 Walnut Ave, Signal Hill, CA 90755
WHO DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
This Limited Warranty covers the original purchaser of a new 2022 MONDAY MOTORBIKES ebike including the Anza, Presidio and Gateway programs and custom configurations of these models for delivery in the United States. In addition, this Limited Warranty is non-transferable to another customer.
WHAT DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
Subject to the provisions, limitations, and exclusions in this Limited Warranty, MONDAY MOTORBIKES warrants that all factory configured hardware and drivetrain components are free from defects in material and workmanship. Factory configured hardware and drivetrain components includes all parts, including the standard lithium battery and charging systems, motor, motor controller, frame, swing arm, fork, rear shock, brake assemblies, wheels and electrical sub-assemblies.
WHAT IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The coverage period of this Limited Warranty depends upon the component.
For all factory configured hardware and drivetrain components other than MONDAY’s standard lithium battery and battery charging systems, the coverage period is ONE YEAR with from the date of the consumer purchase from MONDAY MOTORBIKES, INC., or an Authorized MONDAY Retailer. In each case, a receipt for the purchase of the ebike is required to initiate the warranty period.
For MONDAY’S standard lithium battery and battery charging systems, the coverage period is TWO YEARS and/or 1000 CHARGE CYCLES from the date of the consumer purchase.
In addition, MONDAY MOTORBIKES’s Anza, Presidio and Gateway product lines can be configured with user swappable lithium batteries. Additional batteries purchased by the original consumer at the time of the ebike purchase are also covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty.
Note: Each MONDAY battery carries a unique serial number and MONDAY’s battery warranty coverage is serial number specific, Batteries may be purchased independently from a MONDAY ebike. The battery warranty will be managed separately from the ebike warranty to ensure that MONDAY customers are protected with a full TWO YEARS and/or 1000 CHARGE CYCLES, whichever comes first, of battery warranty.
WHAT WILL MONDAY MOTORBIKES, INC DO UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
During the duration of this Limited Warranty, MONDAY will authorize the repair or replacement (at MONDAY’s sole discretion), without charge, any Anza, Presidio and Gateway components that are covered by this Limited Warranty and are found by MONDAY OR A MONDAY authorized service provider, to be defective in factory materials or workmanship.
In some cases, MONDAY and/or an authorized service provider may need to confirm the existence of a defect through inspection, testing, or other methods. In those cases, no repair or replacement will be conducted until a defect has been confirmed by MONDAY and/or an authorized service provider.
MONDAY defines key power system parts including motors, controllers, batteries and the frame as warranty validation parts. In these cases, MONDAY will invoice the service parts to the dealer or consumer and will credit back the invoice with the return of the defective components.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
This Limited Warranty covers Anza, Presidio and Gateway ebikes operated “under normal operating conditions” and subject to “proper use.” For purposes of this exclusion, the following definitions apply:
- “Under normal operating conditions” does not include use of the Anza, Presidio or Gateway in commercial or business activities, such as use as a rental ebike. MONDAY does offer a separate Commercial Warranty Program for high duty cycle fleet applications. Please see your authorized MONDAY dealer for more details.
- “Proper use” means only the use of Monday ebikes in the manner intended for a rider and passenger with proper helmets, eye protection, and safety equipment as described in the Owner’s Manual and in accordance with local regulations.
- “Proper use” also applies to the storage conditions of batteries when not in use. MONDAY recommends to store batteries at approximately 50% of charge capacity (State of Charge) and at less than 30°C / 86F. Battery stored for an extended period (months) at above 50% SOC and at temperatures of 30°C / 86°F or greater will degrade battery life. Battery life degradation caused by failure to maintain the proper SOC or at temperatures exceeding 30°C / 86°F or greater is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
MONDAY uses lithium battery cells based on NCM battery chemistry. Under normal operating conditions, MONDAY batteries are rated for 1000 charge cycles with less than a 20% degradation of the rated battery capacity from the initial standard.
This Limited Warranty only covers the repair or replacement of standard lithium battery and battery charging systems, that have been operated under normal operating conditions and subject to proper use and that exhibit greater than 20% degradation in charge capacity over the warranty period. In addition, charge and discharge conditions for the MONDAY battery system are sensitive to low temperatures as follows:
- Batteries will not charge at less than 0°C / 32°F.
- Batteries will not discharge at -20°C / -4°F.
Neither of these conditions (i.e., failure to charge at less than 0°C / 32°F or failure to discharge at -20°C / -4°F) are defects in materials or workmanship, and no coverage will be provided under this Limited Warranty for these conditions.
The Limited Warranty also does not cover the following:
- The cost of parts and labor involved in the maintenance and/or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, intended use or deterioration, including but not limited to the following: tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and rotors, sprocket, drive chains, fork seals, grips, pedals, and the seat.
- Bike or wheel damage resulting from impacts during any activity that is not consistent with the intended on-road use of the bike.
- Damage to cosmetic surfaces that arise as a result of or are caused by environmental conditions, impacts, and abrasions.
- MONDAY ebikes used for racing or other competitive events.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or non-MONDAY approved modifications or alterations.
- Damage malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the improper assembly or installation of components, parts, or accessories after the date of original retail purchase.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the improper assembly and or installation or use of any charger not approved by MONDAY.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by fire, collision, accident, or improper storage.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by airborne industrial pollutants (e.g., acid rain), bird droppings, tree sap, stones, flood water, windstorms, or other similar occurrences.
WHAT OTHER LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The exclusive remedy for breach of this Limited Warranty shall be, at MONDAY’s option and in its sole discretion, repair or replacement of any defective materials, components, or products. MONDAY’s liability in any action whether based upon warranty, contract, negligence, strict product liability or otherwise, shall be limited to the repair or replacement, at MONDAY’s option and in its sole discretion, of the ebike or component thereof that MONDAY deems to be defective. Replacement shall mean furnishing at no cost to the customer during the applicable Limited Warranty period, a new ebike or factory-reconditioned ebike or component thereof that is identical or reasonably equivalent to the warranted ebike or component. Repair shall mean remedying a defect in the ebike or component thereof at no cost to the customer during the applicable Limited Warranty period. MONDAY reserves the right to test and/or recharge any component returned for adjustment. If MONDAY elects to repair the ebike or component, it may provide factory-reconditioned parts or components.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF A MONDAY EBIKE. ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY MONDAY and excluded from this LIMITED warranty. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE PRIOR DISCLAIMER, IF ANY COURT OR LEGAL AUTHORITY SHOULD FIND THAT MONDAY DOES HAVE AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE STATED PERIOD OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY.
Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
NO INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF VALUE OF THE MONDAY EBIKE, PERSONAL LOSS OR EXPENSE, LOSS OF USE FOR THE EBIKE OR ITS COMPONENTS, LOST PROFITS OR EARNINGS, OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES FOR SUBSTITUTE TRANSPORTATION OR LODGING, EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH RETURNING THE COVERED PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE FACILITY OR DEALER. MECHANIC’S TRAVEL TIME OR COMMUNICATION CHARGES, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OF TIME, OR INCONVENIENCE.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
HOW DO I OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE IN THE UNITED STATES?
If your ebike requires warranty service, please log on to the MONDAY Support Portal with your email address and password. MONDAY will direct you to the nearest authorized service center. Authorized service centers maintain regional service inventories to support your ebike. MONDAY will reimburse your approved service provider for authorized repairs.
MONDAY may require a core charge for service modules pending their return to the MONDAY Service Fulfillment center.
The cost of transporting a MONDAY ebike to our qualified service sites is a customer expense.
HOW DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY RELATE TO STATE AND OTHER LAW?
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. If any of the above terms are void because of state or federal law, all other warranty terms will remain in effect.